cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Buggy Samsung Keyboard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Farsi language Samsung keyboard is totally buggy. First of all it has two of one character and none of the other, also typing has issues. My S9 worked fine, please fix it or at least let us downgrade to the working version.photo_2020-03-07_15-27-24.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Buggy Samsung Keyboard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Sharareh 

In the meantime (while they're fixing it), you could try a third party keyboard. There are nice ones out there. I had a good experience with Swiftkey and Gboard, although I don't know what languages they support.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Sahareh

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the letter 'ث ' you mentioned, we found out that there is a duplicate key error on the Farsi language keyboard, and we are working to correct the error, which will be fixed as soon as possible.

Please let me know some details regarding the problem you're having with the letter 'ى ' and typing issue which you mentioned.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just updated form s9 to s20 and there are some problem with Farsi(persian) keyboard in my new Samsung s20 phone:

1-
It writes letter "ى" separate from the other letters in all words when it comes in the middle of the word. Like: "بىا" or "کجاىى"
The "ى" letter in this example shouldn't be separate. The correct writing for this is "بیا " and "کجایی "

2- the question mark: Farsi is a right to left language and the question marke in Farsi keyboard is not in the right direction.
Current- (that is wrong) exampel:
چرا?
Right ( should be corrected):
چرا؟
There might be other small problem too. These are the one I noticed wile I've been using the phone for a few days. It's a lovely phone and I hope Samsung support team fix the problem very soon. THANK YOU!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just confirming the new Samsung update on April fixed the Farsi keyboard issue. Thank you Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As you see above, the word " میام " with "ى" in the middle is not correct looking. The auto correct has its correct version (the middle option) but if the dictionary does not have the word you can't fix it. 

So there are three suggested word above, the second from right is the correct one and the third is not even correct. In Farsi when "ى" is in the middle ophoto_2020-03-13_09-53-49.jpgf a word it changes shape. I hope I explained it well!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Sharareh 

In the meantime (while they're fixing it), you could try a third party keyboard. There are nice ones out there. I had a good experience with Swiftkey and Gboard, although I don't know what languages they support.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just updated form s9 to s20 and there are some problem with Farsi(persian) keyboard in my new Samsung s20 phone:

1-
It writes letter "ى" separate from the other letters in all words when it comes in the middle of the word. Like: "بىا" or "کجاىى"
The "ى" letter in this example shouldn't be separate. The correct writing for this is "بیا " and "کجایی "

2- the question mark: Farsi is a right to left language and the question marke in Farsi keyboard is not in the right direction.
Current- (that is wrong) exampel:
چرا?
Right ( should be corrected):
چرا؟
There might be other small problem too. These are the one I noticed wile I've been using the phone for a few days. It's a lovely phone and I hope Samsung support team fix the problem very soon. THANK YOU!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you Geno71, I have tried Swiftkey and Gboard and they have their own issues. Samsung keyboard used to work just fine with Farsi before this regression. I would suggest you guys allow downgrade to have a working version at least or let us know if the fix is coming soon.

I understand that using a third pary app is a workaround, but it is not a real solution in this case.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hallo,

the letter ی  still doesn't work well at 20 ultra !!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, I also just upgraded from an S9 to S20 and if you are wondering, yes, the issue is still there. I got the latest update and it didn't change anything either. I am currently using Gboard but I prefer to go back to Samsung's keyboard whenever the issue is resolved.