Original topic:

Bundled AKG Headphones stopped working

(Topic created on: 4/15/21 11:57 PM)
userFNpvp3lqoU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My bundled headphones were wiring on and off for 3 months but last 10 days it has stopped working altogether. I have tried all auggested things like clearing cache, developer and uab settings. Some update failed on firmware and it I think started after that. Can anyone help me? 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userFNpvp3lqoU have you tried using the headphones on another device to make sure it isn't an issue with the headphones? did you get to complete the failed firmware update?

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
userFNpvp3lqoU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi Mari_K

The update didnot finish. The headphone doesnot seem to be working on another device as well. It seems firmware update thing has kaput the thing. 

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

it could be that the headphones broke and that's why they're not working if they're not working on another device...but assuming it's because of the firmware update not completing, complete the update and check to see if there is an update for the headphones.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
userFNpvp3lqoU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @Mari_K 

The headphones did not break in any sense of the world usual ways headphone break. It is not getting recognized.

It is exact same problem as here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/AKG-Bundled-Earbuds-Not-Being-Detected/td-p/1...

"Phone does not recognise my headset, instead it displays a notification "Charging connected device via USB"."

It all happened after update on phone and some firmware failed update.

0 Likes
artvega1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
My headphones are NOT broken and I cannot hear music though the headphone jack, even with a DAC connector.
0 Likes
userhpb0HPF5OM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same problem. I cannot test the headphones on another device since I don't have another device that uses this type of headphone.

I have done all of the troubleshooting settings that I have found in other posts. I am frustrated. I, too, believe it is related to the last update. 

0 Likes
userFNpvp3lqoU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, Is there any solution for this? There are so many people with this issue, this is almost a class action thing related to useless firmware update spoiling a headphone. Never happened before to anything else I hold,

0 Likes