Original topic:

Call & Text on Other Devices has stopped working

(Topic created on: 4/27/21 5:41 PM)
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy Tab S7

I set up "Call & Text on Other Devices" between my phone and tablet and it was working fine. In the past few days, text messages are not appearing on my tablet. Phone calls still appear on my tablet and I can answer from my tablet. But text messages are not appearing.

I have deleted the connection between the two (delete the tablet connection from the phone and the setting on the tablet for "Call and Text on Other Devices" becomes disabled) and recreated it and it all looks fine. But text messages no longer come through.

Approximately in this time frame, my tablet received the March 1 security patch and my phone received an update on March 1.

Any thoughts? 

6 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Give this link a try: samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you, SamsungAdam.

This began working again a few days ago without me intentionally doing anything. Made me wonder if there was some server-side change made.

Nonetheless, reading the link you provided did point out that this wouldn't work on "Verizon phones". I assume this means locked phones sold by Verizon. Mine is an unlocked phone sold by Samsung but I hadn't been aware of this caveat prior.

So, for now, this is working again for me.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for following up. I am glad to hear the symptom you were experiencing was resolved and you were able to get some education on the feature you are using with your device. Please reach back out in the future if you need any further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Captivate10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a new S7 tablet and an S21 phone (ATT) received in Jan. I tried to link both but don't see the Call &Text option
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately, the feature is not available through AT&T or Verizon. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152

0 Likes
Captivate10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
That is more than unfortunate. Is there anything Samsung can do to leverage their muscle against ATT? If Apple can, why not Samsung?
0 Likes