Original topic:

'Call and texts from another device' app error

(Topic created: 04-22-2021 05:30 AM)
Blondii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
While in my Samsung profile in my phones  Settings, I went to Samsung apps and services and got curious about what the app Call & text on other devices was since I've never seen it before. 
Before this last update, clicking it just did nothing. Now it gives me this pop-up error and says it's not compatible with my phone and to give support the code upon contacting. Does anyone else get this same error?
'Call & Text on other devices' app error

(Oddly enough, Digital Secure also is now incompatible with my device despite working fine before.)

App still is on my phone & still allows me to open it. Though when I navigate to 'protected devices' two older numbers are displayed but not my current and will not let me add my current due to "incompatibility".
0 Likes
7 Replies
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Make sure you're running the latest version of OneUI 3. If you are, find the "Call & Text on Other Devices" app and try clearing its cache or even forcing it to stop.
0 Likes
Blondii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have it set to auto-update. And that's the thing, its the only place that I can find the app listed at. I'm able to click on all the others and it will either take me to the apps settings if I already have it, or it will bring me to Google play where I can download it. Except for this app, just throws me that error.:thinking_face:
0 Likes
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
It's probably a broken package. I would find a way to force delete it or re-download it.
Blondii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Trying, running out of options. Can't find it w- Zarchiver and can't do anything to access any of the menus. First phone I've ever encountered where *#06# doesn't even work! This phone is infuriating
0 Likes
Blondii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I appreciate your help though! Thank you, lol.
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
No problem! Hope everything works out, lol.
0 Likes
user79GAz7Yavw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung said Att and Verizon the problem
0 Likes