Original topic:

Caller can't hear me when plugged in to car audio

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 10:56 PM)
userkQj7WJh2h9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Just recently upgraded to the S20. I have owned several older versions of the Galaxy and have never had this problem before (or with any other phone for that matter). This is the first Galaxy that I have owned that does not have the separate headphone jack on the phone. So I bought the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, and plugged it up to the aux jack in my car. It works fine for playing my music, but when on a call the caller cannot hear me. I can hear them on my car speakers just fine, but in order for them to hear me I have to turn on speaker phone and have a normal call. 

I called support, but they were not really much help at all. Anyone else have this problem or have any advice on what may be causing this? My radio is the factory install for a 2011 Honda Pilot, so it has no Bluetooth capabilities or anything, just a direct audio connection between the phone and the radio. 

4 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Wouldn't you need a mic to speak through in the car
NeonX89
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes either a standard audio only 3.5mm jack so he can use his phones mic. Or if his car can take a 4 pin audio and mic 3.5mm jack, but his USB-C has to support one or the other two different 3.5mm Jack's.
0 Likes
NeonX89
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Make sure that usb-C jack is a (4 pin) compatible make sure the 3.5mm jack has (4 pin) on each end
The 4th pin is usually Mic output.

The other issue would be is if you use a (4-Pin) in a car without a built in (4 pin mic and audio) no mic output would function. So it sounds like a input output issue

If you use a (3pin that's just audio) and your phone would be the microphone.

It's actually more complicated. Lol
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I recognize that problem. Happened to me as well. Found an inexpensive set of wireless Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon.

Problem solved.
0 Likes