cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Calls keep saying couldn't connect

My calls keep saying couldn't connect and my texts doesn't go through. It has been happening lately and it is upsetting me. My wifi and signal is strong so I'm not sure what the issue is. Sometimes I would have to restart my phone for the messages to send.

6 REPLIES 6
Product Expert

Re: Calls keep saying couldn't connect

Your sim card may be corrupt, please refer to your carrier or reset your network settings.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello, 

try going into recovery mode and wiping cache partitions.

To get into recovery mode on the S20: 

1. Turn the phone off

2. Press and hold the power up and volume up buttons 

3. Continue holding even after the phone boots up 

4. Once you see a blue screen appear, let go of the buttons at the same time

5. You should be in recovery mode

Once in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select. Wipe the cache partition while in recovery mode and reboot the device on the same recovery mode menu.

Try to see if that helps. 

Another thing you could try is to get a new SIM card from your carrier. Plenty of times, a new SIM card can solve communication issues.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

This is a longstanding problem, previously reported on the S10, and which T-Mobile acknowledged. Remarkably, it only occurs when connected to certain towers. In short, it is neither your phone nor your SIM card; it's a carrier and/or Samsung issue which they seem in no hurry to fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

I can confirm this only happens to me after a new software update and only happens on a specific tower. I can draw a line in the road where I can begin to make calls and I live below the tower that fails to work for this phone. I went through a very long trouble shoot with AT&T and got no resolve other than being told to factory reset my phone. I have been in the cellphone industry for 20+ years and with an OEM on the manufacturing side for 5 of those and have never experienced this until now with this Note 9 I bought from Samsung direct and have carried for a few years now. I've done the Cache wipe, I have reset my network settings, I have factory reset my phone,  I have went and got a new SIM card and it still continues to happen. I have 2 other household members with Samsung S9+ phones who dont seem to have this issue. I am about ready to change from Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the exact same issue 

Ther is no ryme or reason as to when it happens.  

T-Mobile has trouble  shooted every possibility  even sent  me a new phone. Im a big Samsung galaxy fan

Never  had problems with any other Galaxy phones. This is my first Note 10. This is a big issue especially this is my only form of communication, I don't  have a land line. 

Samsung  what's  the solution?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same problem seems to happen after getting a group text msg I've been emailing Samsung for the pass 2 months with no fix it only happens with the Samsung messaging app. Everything is fine when using Android msg