Original topic:

Camera Blurring, No Longer Capturing Detail or Coping With Sunlight

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 9:07 AM)
userb4N9z9eUNs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased the S20 in December 2020. At first it focused fast and took accurate, detailed photos of my toddler even when he was moving.  

Lately it can't focus if he moves slightly and he's often blurry if he's still. The detail isn't there anymore and outside if it's sunny he's distorted and grainy (see pictures below. Btw he didn't have pink lipstick round his mouth or on his teeth!) 

20210322_110652.jpg

I've tried clearing cache, resetting the camera and trying different lenses as well as using Pro mode. Do I need to return my phone? What is wrong with it? 

20210325_112316.jpg

20210325_111238.jpg

20210325_111542.jpg

5 Replies
JessicaEDavis79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have had the same issue since day 1. Any setting on my camera leaves me with cruddy images. Heck, when I use the camera to scan/take picture of a barcode or QR scanner, half of the time I cannot get it to unblur and catch the image. This camera was supposed to be better than my old Note 8, well, it is not.
I can't wait to see what solutions they might propose for you to try. I posted one similar to this and I didn't get a reply and eventually the post just disappeared which was odd.
userb4N9z9eUNs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

If they don't sort it out this will be my last Samsung product. The camera is the reason I bought the phone. I certainly won't be recommending it to friends or clients if this is how my photos are going to turn out from now on. It was great for a couple of weeks! 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

report it on samsung members app, they'll take a look at your issue and give you a feedback

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you discovered yet that they removed the option to change the resolution? No more 1080. No more 8K. Everything, front and rear camera, is 4K unless you choose the 108MP option.
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

The galaxy S20 have many several updates for camera quality improvements so I suggest you have to clear cache partition and clear data on camera app so the old version will not interfere with the new updates. 

0 Likes