I recently received my Galaxy S20 Ultra in the mail and was really excited for this phone. Unfortunately, it has been plagued with camera issues beyond the usual complaints. My camera will often crash for seemingly no rhyme or reason, it will turn completely
black and not work. I try closing out the camera app and restarting it which has no effect either. After it crashes like this I also can't use snapchat or any other apps that utilize the camera. It won't work until I completely restart my phone, and there's no telling how long it will be until it crashes again. I want to know if there's a way I can reset my camera in the software without having to reset my whole phone and without having to restart my whole phone every
time the camera crashes. I've installed the latest update as well as tried clearing the cache and data. Neither has worked.
I would like to look into this for you. I believe you are looking for is clearing the cache partition off your phone.
Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
Let's try to force stop, clear cache, and data on the Camera app and see if that helps any.
Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top-right corner > click "Show System Apps" > find and click on Camera > force stop > storage > clear cache and data.
If these steps do not help or you have already tried this step, I would try booting your Galaxy S20 in safe mode to see if the symptoms still occur in this mode. This step will disable any third-party apps from running in the background that may be causing this symptom to happen.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode:
- Press and hold the Bixby / Power and Volume down key.
- Tap Restart >Restart.
- The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.