cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Camera Crashes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently received my Galaxy S20 Ultra in the mail and was really excited for this phone. Unfortunately, it has been plagued with camera issues beyond the usual complaints. My camera will often crash for seemingly no rhyme or reason, it will turn completely black and not work. I try closing out the camera app and restarting it which has no effect either. After it crashes like this I also can't use snapchat or any other apps that utilize the camera. It won't work until I completely restart my phone, and there's no telling how long it will be until it crashes again. I want to know if there's a way I can reset my camera in the software without having to reset my whole phone and without having to restart my whole phone every time the camera crashes.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Camera Crashes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @nickfong98 

first, did you happen to install the 2 updates that were released for the Ultra since it was released? if not, definitely install them. If they didn't automatically show up for you to download, you can go to settings-software update-download and install. It will search for and prompt you to install any outstanding updates.

Now for the camera app, you can try clearing the cache and data for the camera app. This will not delete any photos from your gallery. Go to settings-apps-camera-storage-and then on bottom are the options to clear cache and clear data. After you clear them, restart your phone...pull down notifications tab, power button next to settings cog, restart. Hope this helps!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @nickfong98 

first, did you happen to install the 2 updates that were released for the Ultra since it was released? if not, definitely install them. If they didn't automatically show up for you to download, you can go to settings-software update-download and install. It will search for and prompt you to install any outstanding updates.

Now for the camera app, you can try clearing the cache and data for the camera app. This will not delete any photos from your gallery. Go to settings-apps-camera-storage-and then on bottom are the options to clear cache and clear data. After you clear them, restart your phone...pull down notifications tab, power button next to settings cog, restart. Hope this helps!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I already got the updates but I haven't tried clearing cache and data yet, I'll have to give that a go, hopefully that fixes it, thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@nickfong98 Good morning! I am just checking in with you to see if you have tested the troubleshooting provided by @Mari_K?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hello @nickfong98 

were your camera issues resolved with clearing the camera cache and data?

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You came to the right place for some help! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe this has fixed my issue, the camera hasn't crashed again since I cleared the cache and data, if it crashes again I'll give this solution a try again, thank you!