Original topic:

Camera Failed Warning

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 09:15 AM)
userwTQXnKHS4Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an S20+ which is only 1 year old. I have been getting a Warning Camera Failed notification every time I open my front camera. The back camera works good. I've done everything on the checklist  (resetting the settings in the Camera app and even factory reset) but nothing works. I am really disappointed. Do I have another solution or should I throw it in the garbage?

0 Likes
9 Replies
userDnjBM8lyFB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately the camera failed message is a common problem with many samsung phone models. You will see if you Google the error message. It happened to me on my note 20 ultra after 4 months of ownership. I had to send the phone into samsung for repair. Their vendor ubreakifix couldn't fix the problem and they ordered the parts. Fortunately I got my phone back within a week and I had a backup phone in the interim
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I understand you reset the camera settings, did you also force stop and clear the data? I wonder does it work with a third party camera app. If it does then it's not the camera, if it doesn't it could be a hardware problem. Maybe try to clear the partition first, if that doesn't work, the front camera is faulty and needs repair. Samsung will probably fix it for $100. They have like a promotion going on right now, so hurry before it ends, if it's not too late already. Good luck, let me know what happens.Screenshot_20210925-200346_Chrome_8197.jpg
userwTQXnKHS4Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I tried everything, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I will have to get it checked.

0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
😢😢😢 So sorry
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
For right now, don't forget you can take selfies with the self timer using the back camera, like the old days
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
You might still have a warranty, check on your registration page!
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your camera not behaving as it should. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. the guide to Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Finally, there is the addition of clearing your device's cache partition. The steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

userwTQXnKHS4Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you. I've already tried that and it still shows the error.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I am sorry to hear the steps have not helped. If your phone is displaying a "Camera Failed" message, freezing, lagging, or the preview is not displaying, the good news is that it's most likely a software issue and not a physical issue with the camera. Try the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001329/

Please let me know if this one helps.

0 Likes