Original topic:

Camera Issues on Samsung S20 All models

(Topic created: 09-19-2020 02:28 AM)
Rumba
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having troubles with my camera on my phone. It is usually random but does happen frequently. I receive an error from all my apps and the camera app saying there is a camera error. I am not sure what to do.

206 Replies
BatouPrime
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
picture quality is terrible. I paid the $1000+ for this phone for the camera and I am very disappointed. I will never buy another Samsung phone again.
userDl090N0Px6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

totally agree!!

0 Likes
userDl090N0Px6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Personally, I think the whole phone is junk. I hate the new design and button placement but especially hate the cameras. I use the camera for business so imagine how disappointing it was going back to lugging around a camera. I have never seen such junk, ever. The quality of the pictures is horrible. I tried to return my over-priced phone but had it 1 day over the 15 day trial period. I will try to sell it outright to get rid of it but will probably be upside down about $500. It seems no one wants this phone. I want my S9 Plus back. The 20 Ultra is definitely a great paperweight!

S20_Ultra_Jon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So I take 5X zoom shots all the time because I don't like wide angle distortion, so when this 5X  Zoom blurriness issue started happening to me, I was very upset. I even considered switching to an iPhone lol. For me it started after a recent Software Update last week. I tried everything to fix it and nothing worked except one thing...

So today I open the camera app, tap the zoom icon for 5X zoom and it's blurry as it has been. I immediately hit the back button and exit the camera, then open the camera again and tap the zoom icon again for 5X zoom and it's super sharp back to the quality I expect from this S20 Ultra.

This is an annoying extra step to exit the camera app and open it again, but I'm glad it sort of fixed the 5X zoom blurriness for me. I hope it helps others and that Samsung fixes this issue soon.

0 Likes
Josy507
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
For some reason when I go 5x zoom on my S20 ultra, it's out of focus and shows way too much artifact but when I go back and forth on the zoom and I get to focus again. I have no idea whats going on. 
0 Likes
usersn3E8Wf90C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I hear you. Upgraded or should I say downgraded from the note 9 to note ultra. I'm an avid amateur photographer. People used to ask my what camera setup I used when I posted pictures with the 9. Now my pictures are HORRIBLE. No tap to focus. Get that awful blur background around my close up subject such as a rose. Center petals overprocessed and off color and out petals completely blurred out. Pet pics blurry and automatically lightened when I don't want them to be. Colors outside are way off and look artifical. I had begun selling my pictures online until I got this disaster of a phone and now I've stopped. Forget macro photography. Closeups are a hot mess. I don't get how I was able to take such amazing photos by just pointing and clicking with the 9, and now with a phone that was advertised as being top of the line for photography, and over $1200 - I now can't. 

Will be trading this in as soon as I find an alternative that is not Apple. 

Samsung_MOtq9KG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

20200709_092438.jpg

Mine does fine?

0 Likes
mikeyjames
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_MOtq9KG wrote:

20200709_092438.jpg

Mine does fine?

No argument, the camera is capable of taking some brilliant pictures in the right conditions. That's the most frustrating part. 

I can take to the same shot five times and get five different results. I love photography and know how to use a camera. My old s8 was a more reliable shooter. The s20 Ultra will occasionally take a brilliant picture but I can't rely on it. 

0 Likes
Andrew1976
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yea... the camera is useless.... I would call even Samsung s20 is the first modern smartphone WITHOUT CAMERA! Next phone will not be Samsung for sure... lost any trust in samsung.....
0 Likes
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

I've been a Samsung user since the S3.  Had the S20 since March and just last week sold it and got an iPhone instead.  That's how much I hated the S20.  It literally pushed me to go with Apple and I'm actually loving it.  I can take great, reliable photos of my son instead of big blurry messy junk photos that came from my S20.  

0 Likes