JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera Issues on Samsung S20 All models

(Topic created: 11-12-2020 09:51 AM)
Rumba
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having troubles with my camera on my phone. It is usually random but does happen frequently. I receive an error from all my apps and the camera app saying there is a camera error. I am not sure what to do.

206 Replies
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

No joke, I just had to sell my S20 because I couldn't take the blurry pictures.  I tried everything to get it fixed but nothing seemed to work.  Maybe some devices are just doomed from the beginning.  I've had Samsung's since the S3 but my experience with the S20 has pushed me away.  Probably won't be buying Samsung's for many many years to come.

userNQoIVEk9e5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having same issue. Were you able to resolve it. I've only had this phone 2 weeks, and already 2 system updates. More than I've had on any other Android in the phones lifespan. Very disappointed in the S20. A lot of hype and great advertising, but not much greatness in all reality. 

userNQoIVEk9e5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I totally agree

Photobabe
Pilot
Options
Galaxy S20

Agreed. I've been having color issues, and the editing program is terrible. I LOVED MY S5!!

0 Likes
usercbtSJiw00e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, so it seems my camera has stopped working on my galaxy s20+. When I try to open the app its just a black screen saying "you cannot use more than one application using camera at the same time. Camera will close."

I'ved tried many different possible solutions to this including:

-Clearing cache and App Data

-Disabling all apps that use camera

-Restarting phone (this works for about 10 minutes and than goes back to black)

-Checking to see if my phone is updated(which it is)

This only started happening today and I haven't downloaded any apps that i think would cause this. My phone also just seems to be acting slower than usually.

If anybody can please help with this, it would greatly appreciated. I just got this new phone about a 3 weeks ago so I would hate to have get another one.

Thanks alot.

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

I see that you already tried a few other troubleshooting steps. Let's try wiping the system cache partition on your device and see if that helps any.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

You also can test the camera in safe mode to see if a third-party app may be causing this to occur. If the symptoms do not occur in this mode, then that means a third-party app is causing the camera to fail. I recommend deleting each app one by one until the symptoms don't occur anymore. If you are still experiencing the symptoms in this mode, then at this point a factory reset on the device is recommended. I know this may not be the ideal step you want to take. Make sure your device is fully backed up before performing a factory reset so you won't lose any important data.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Last but not least, if you are still experiencing camera issues after a factory reset, then I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician at a UBreakIFix location. They will be able to take a better look at what's going on.

userOTtde70jQS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S20. Doing all of this did not fix this issue.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If troubleshooting has not helped then you will need to have the device evaluated by a technician at a UBreakIFix location. They will be able to take a better look at what's going on.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jetg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am writing you for my Fiancee who is sleepig now. I am from France and she bought the galaxy S20 three weeks ago and it's been three days, the front camera doesn't work at all and SPRING doesn't want to do anything bcs it's pased the two week deadline. we saw it very, very badly and felt like we had been ripped off.
I am a regular at Samsung and live in France. I know that the device is replaced quicly in the event of problem as with my old Note 7.

All the solutions you give here and the solutions the After-sales service of samsung gives her yesterday doesn't work. and franckly if the After-sales service will fix the phone by opening it when it is new, i believe it wil give her rease toleave the brand.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

@usersuU5bwzino Thanks for reaching out. Regrettably, support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes