JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera Issues on Samsung S20 All models

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 08:04 AM)
Rumba
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having troubles with my camera on my phone. It is usually random but does happen frequently. I receive an error from all my apps and the camera app saying there is a camera error. I am not sure what to do.

206 Replies
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

select the photo first then click ... 

it shows move to album for me

0 Likes
RadiatedSteel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else getting this error message when opening any camera app on the s20/ultra? I've been getting it a lot lately and I've only found temporary fixes but nothing permanent yet. I shouldn't be having this problem on a brand new phone. My old s7 edge never had this issue.
0 Likes
1nazurc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

The periscope app does not play videos or broadcasts.

When I tap any video or broadcast I get a black screen - no video, no sound no buttons other than an X that doesn't do anything when tapped. Screenshot_20200924-230149_Periscope.jpg

Screenshot_20200924-230156_Periscope.jpg

user8nEMAQFSGN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the exact same problem here.  That's not helpful, I know, but I wanted to let you know you're not the only one because I couldn't find any other mention of the issue for months, and it seems more people would be having it.  I've re-installed Periscope, checked default apps, etc.  All the usual stuff, just don't know where to even begin with an app that becomes totally unresponsive without errors or any indication of what might be wrong.  I have trouble sometime playing (regular 2:20) videos on Twitter too occasionally.  Feels vaguely like a CODEC issue.

1nazurc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks, I was beginning to think I was going crazy. I've done all the same things to try and fix.

0 Likes
UWood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
my periscope app does the exact same thing & I was wondering has anyone found a solution for it?
1nazurc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have yet to find a fix. 

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend reaching out to the application's developers for further assistance with their Third-Party Application.

You can locate their contact information on the download page for the application.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

are you using s20? s20+? or ultra?

also what is your software version??

im using s20+, but i dont have issue with the app. try update your app if its not in the latest version.

0 Likes
1nazurc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

s20+

My phone is up to date with updates and the periscope app is its latest version on play store.

0 Likes