Original topic:

Camera Not Working

(Topic created on: 4/29/21 8:21 AM)
userRlCNNceRBo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the S20 Ultra. I've had it about a year now. Everytime I try to open the camera, it says it's failed. I've tried everything on the help boards to remedy it. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a Samsung Experience Store to have them run diagnostics on your device and ask to have the device Factory Flashed for you. Beware that If a F Flash dosent remedy the issue then you may need to have the board replaced. Please back up the data on you device or cloud your data before bringing in for repair.  If you do not live near a Samsung Experience Store you can contact a local Ubreakifix store. Ubreakifix is officially authorized to work on and repair Samsung devices as well as use official Samsung parts.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

what's your current software version? everything up to date?

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

You need to turn off "sensor off" settings; first you need to enable developer mode then go to "quick settings developer tiles" then toggle "sensor off" On after that go back to homescreen then swipe down menu and you should be able to see "sensor off" and you need to disable that then try the camera again.

AizawaSamuelz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Turning off sensor just makes the camera not open at all for me
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@AizawaSamuelz You don't turn off the sensor, you need to disable "sensor off" feature. Your phone will not be able to access the camera if the "sensor off" is enabled. Take a screenshot of the status of your sensor off if that solution isn't working you may have defective hardware. 

0 Likes
AizawaSamuelz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Oh apologies. So the thing is I already had the toggle on my quick toggles. I also can't take a screenshot as after the 3.1 update, along with with my camera failing my screenshots don't work (they preview as a white image and don't save) and even if they did I couldn't view them in my gallery because that also isn't working (gallery is blank aside from stories which for some reason still works).
0 Likes
vsp97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I had same issue this last week. Tried everything from clearing cash, hard restart, and went to Verizon (who could not resolve either and shipping new phone). Verizon tech said an app issue caused issue for many but  could not recall which app. Yesterday, Amazon music could not open. I cleared cash and data, uninstalled app, restarted, and reinstalled app. Music app works but SO does camera! Coincidence?? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

submit an error report via samsung memers app

0 Likes