JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera app jumps into video mode after taken 1 picture

(Topic created: 11-21-2020 04:15 PM)
JohnDG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just upgraded from a S7e to a S20 FE an so did the camera upgrade to a newer version. New intresting options, but it also came with an anoying behaviour.

After taken 1 picture with the default Samsung camera app, the next picture I want to take ... is a video.
Althou I didn't select "video", it still is showing "photo" but it records video. For every picture I want to take, I need to select another mode and go back into "photo" mode or exit the app and open the app again.  Very very anoying when you try to shoot a number of pictures.  This is most user unfriendly.

Is there an option that I can leave the camera app into "photo" mode, as I shoot 99% of the time pictures with it?  Or is it me doing something wrong ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Hmm, neithet of our S20fe's do this and it certainly isn't normal. Could you be accidentally hitting video? Maybe try clearing the camera's cache and or data will fix it? That's my goto when an app misbehaves.
0 Likes
JohnDG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi Pastafarian,

that's what I thought first too. Must be my "thick" fingers. Then I just took a picture and be cautious what to toutch ... picture and the next one ... video.  On the display it is still saying "photo" and not "video", but it records video.
Meanwhile, I've put the option on to always use the last used mode, and put it in pro mode, as a walk-around. That seems to help. I never had that with my old phone and old "camera" app.

0 Likes
Solution
S20-Ultra
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

Try clearing Cache and Data for the Camera app