JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera being used by another app

(Topic created: 09-09-2020 07:58 PM)
userexAaRkHhGB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have been having an issue since I've gotten my galaxy s20 and idk how common it is but about twice a day I my camera goes black and says "camera is being used by another app" the camera does not turn on until I restart my phone but thats obvi a temporary fix and I would like a permanent one. Please help

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

I would try booting your device in safe mode and see if the same symptoms still persist in this mode.

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

If the symptoms don't occur in safe mode, then that means a third-party app may be causing this to happen, I recommend deleting each individual third-party app until the symptoms stop.

userTUSTCXAVwd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

And when we get the error "camera cannot be opened in multiple apps" in safe mode, what's the next step?

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes