cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Camera constantly blurs when taking photos of my kid

I love the S20 that I have.  It is a great phone.  The camera however has me wanting to trade this in for a Pixel 5 when it comes out or sadly even an iPhone.  I have a 1 year old and I want to take so many great pictures of him but it seems with the S20 that this is impossible.  If he moves even a little tiny bit the camera blurs him so badly.  And he has blonde hair that this camera can't seem to detect or something.  My wife has an iPhone 11 and this never happens to her.  I've used it too and the pictures of our son always come out so much better.  It seems the iPhone takes shot and then does a second or two of processing and the picture comes out nice and clear even when he is moving.  What is the problem with the S20 here?!?!  I have tried so many options.  I removed the beauty filter and scene optimization and still nothing works.  It's like the shutter speed is extremely slow or something.  I also downloaded an apk for the Google camera and sometimes use that and it definitely works so much better, however the app isn't 100% stable and things sometimes don't work properly so it isn't really the best option.  The thing is, I love the quality of the Samsung camera in still photos, especially outdoors.  It's just when there is the tiniest amount of movement every picture is completely ruined, unlike the iPhone or Pixel...anybody have some insight on this?  Can you relate?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Camera constantly blurs when taking photos of my kid

Honestly, I'd recommend the iPhone at this point. They really take their time when resolving issues like this, so your best bet is probably trading in your phone and getting an iPhone. It's pretty unfortunate, but maybe they'll take the hint.. eventually.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Camera constantly blurs when taking photos of my kid

Honestly I'm so close to getting one. I am trying to hold out for the Pixel 5 because I don't really want to leave Android but this is just getting ridiculous. This stupid thing had another camera update the other day and it's still just as bad. I just took about 20 photos of my kid and they all blurred. My wife took my phone and used her phone and mine at the same time and hers turned out great every time and mine still blurred in each shot. This camera is awful. The phone is phenomenal but the camera is just bad. I'm ditching it. I'll try to wait for the pixel but I may have to go for the 11 pro.