Original topic:

Camera crash s20 ultra

(Topic created: 05-02-2021 02:30 PM)
Skippy63
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Half the time your in a hurry to get that picture. Oh but wait my phone is crashing and then restarts. Of course the moment is gone forever. Thanks Samsung. Is there a fix? Thank you :peace_symbol:.

5 Replies
SubzeroDev
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20+5G also has this problem. Camera app freeze and reboot the whole phone. 

Clear cache, wipe cache (recovery mode), reset all settings, they all don't fix it.

CS did provide a solution that works for a few days : go find system app "Sec Media Storage", force close, clear cache, clear storage, then restart phone.

But after working perfectly for a few days, the problem starts happening again. 

0 Likes
vsp97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I had same issue this last week. Tried everything from clearing cash, hard restart, and went to Verizon (who could not resolve either and shipping new phone). Verizon tech said an app issue caused issue for many but  could not recall which app. Yesterday, Amazon music could not open. I cleared cash and data, uninstalled app, restarted, and reinstalled app. Music app works but SO does camera! Coincidence?? 

0 Likes
SubzeroDev
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@vsp97 nah, never use/install amazon music. 

I use spotify, hasn't had any problem. 

In my case I thought maybe was GCam, uninstalled it but doesn't help. The samsung camera app still freeze and reboot phone.

0 Likes
CoriolisSTORM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've got the same problem on my S20Ultra. I expect far better of samsung and a 1k$+ phone.
SubzeroDev
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am waiting and waiting, and there is still no software fix/update in sight.

The camera is supposed to be a selling point, but here I can't even use the camera in full potential!

Other people posting topic having the same problem, but always end up being forced to close as "Solved", when nothing is really solved! The "Solution" is always : go report to Members App. 

Member App doesn't help. All it can reply is factory reset your phone. That's not a solution! Besides, you can't even guarantee a factory reset can resolve, because you don't know the root cause.

0 Likes