Original topic:

Camera not working

(Topic created: 05-17-2021 07:28 PM)
MO24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Open app to black screen shortly after says camera failed.  Tried everything reboot, restart, factory reset etc.  No go....anyone have an idea?     Checked sensors etc
7 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

if your device isn't crashing aside from camera causing black screens, then you should talk to Samsung through their Samsung Members app to get some help with it.

0 Likes
ashiii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem, the Member team will tell you to take it in for in person service or send it. I haven't done it yet since the nearest store is six hours away, but the camera bug is really frustrating. The only slight way around it is to disable camera permissions for the stock camera, restart your phone and use a different camera app (Gcam is for pixels, but it works extremely well).

0 Likes
MO24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Can't they just reload the update. I think that's where it started but not sure. Seems software not hardware issue. Seems to be a lot of ppl from looks of the internet. I just don't get it. Phone isn't even a year old, costly yet here we are...
0 Likes
ashiii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm not sure, mine hasn't been working even before the update. It's quite annoying as mine is only 2 months old as well. I even went to a repair store and the clerk told me his S21 had the same issue.
0 Likes
MO24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
What they doing?!?! He say what issue was?
0 Likes
ashiii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Nope, it wasn't an actual Samsung store, so I was redirected to the official store six hours away. I really want to like this phone but this bug is extremely annoying.
MO24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I loved the s20 fe until this happened few days ago
0 Likes