Original topic:

Camera warning failed

(Topic created: 11-16-2021 09:52 PM)
Brandonmbarth
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just got this new replacement phone today the samsung galaxy s20 ultra 5g. I open my camera app and it says warning failed.  I have tried every way possible to fix this by watching YouTube videos and clearing cache and rebooting and everything else and nothing has worked I need help how do I fix this. 
0 Likes
5 Replies
userYCruaL1MV6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here. No response from Samsung of course. Guess we'll have to wait until the next update. 🤞🤞:eggplant:
0 Likes
user7us8PABEW9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
SOLUTION (worked on my Note 20 ultra): Go to settings/apps/camera. Then force stop and reset all settings. This worked for me after a recent software update took out my camera. I hope it works for you too. None of the other suggestions were of any use and I absolutely HATE when someone suggests to "just do a factory reset".
0 Likes
Griffman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
didnt work for me
0 Likes
Bobqwin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
So apparently an update messed something up with the camera app. I contacted Samsung support and they know about the issue but it seems more serious than they're letting on. The information I found out was that there is a power supply chip for the cameras soldered on to the motherboard. This chip got fried somehow. It has to be replaced or the entire motherboard has to be replaced. Obviously not going to be an easy fix for Samsung so I wonder if they're even going to be willing to do that repair for everyone. Not something that's going to be fixed with a software update. Luckily my phone can still be returned so I'm going to exchange it and hopefully the other unit doesn't fry.
userPgPNG85KXf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the info. I am guess this not restricted to the phones since I get this issue with tablet. My s7+ 5g was sent to repair center last week, and get back today - still get this issue, even they replaced the front camera and the main screen. Let's see what happens then.

0 Likes