Original topic:

Can no longer rename in Gallery??

(Topic created on: 12/23/20 2:21 PM)
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Whose genius idea was this?

It was bad enough when they removed the ability to rename the file type in Gallery. Now they've removed the ability to rename the file itself. This is absolutely ridiculous not being able to rename the file in the app that you use to view the file.

Now you must use a file manager or some other app to simply rename your photos or videos. This is a huge time sink and potential app killer. 

Give us the rename option back in Gallery and add back the ability to change the file type while you're at it! We can do both of these functions using a file manager but not the actual app the files are viewed in! 

Here is a gallery app that is free, has no ads, and has more features than Samsung Gallery. For $1 you can get the pro version that has even more features.

89 Replies
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
That doesn't work anymore after the update to 11.
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
The only thing edit does for me now is I can add a location. I can't change the name of the file at all.
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
same here. SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX THIS! LORD
userTBdWlvwJN3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Gosh the reason i switched to this app was for rename feature. Time to hunt down a new App. Someone mentioned Snap Seed. Is that affiliated with FB and\or Zuckerberg ? Want NOTHING to do with him either!:unamused_face:

0 Likes
useruTObWanUgG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I agree!!

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
It says it's not compatible with 11. I saw a Samsung app store earlier but now can't find it. The Gallery app there is probably what I need.
https://files.catbox.moe/vps6e2.jpg
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

@Diaboyos wrote:
It says it's not compatible with 11. I saw a Samsung app store earlier but now can't find it. The Gallery app there is probably what I need.
https://files.catbox.moe/vps6e2.jpg

I have the same problem as you with my S20+;  unable to rename pics...  I recently learned of an app on this forum which seems to be great for editing pics: Snapseed.  I'm not sure if one can easily rename pics with that app...?  Might be worth trying.

Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm trying another gallery app. 4.8 out of 5 rating. It seems good so far with the exception of it seems to only organize by the folder the photo or video is saved in. Samsung Gallery could simply lump all of the files together, organized most recent first, without folders. I guess it spoiled me.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gallery.photomanager.picturegalleryapp.imagegallery
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you use Google Photos? I really use that as my main organizing photo app. as you must know, it backs up all the pics from your gallery. once in Google photos, you can drag and drop pics into different albums according to the subject. one good thing about editing or removing pics from Google photos is anything you do on there will happen in your gallery... for example, if you delete a photo in Google photos it is automatically deleted from the gallery. however if you do it the other way around, it will not do the same thing. so, if you delete a pic in the gallery, it will still remain in Google photos.

0 Likes