Original topic:

Can receive but not send SMS after software update

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 08:53 AM)
DEnck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This morning I was in the midst of a text conversation when I got a notification that a software update was available for my S20. I did the update, then resumed the conversation. 

But, after the update, I can receive SMS messages, but not send them.

I'm using the Google messages app. I've tried switching to the Samsung app, but it didn't make a difference. I've cleared the cache. I've restarted the phone. Not sure what else to do! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

6 Replies
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the exact same problem!! I've literally tried everything I can find on the internet but no luck 😒 my phones not an S21 so the issue seems to not be specific to a certain model samsung needs to fix this ASAP I need to be able to text, especially for work
DEnck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It appears that my APN (Access Point Names) settings were changed back to what they were when I got the phone. I had to reset them to reflect my carrier's settings.
0 Likes
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Oh I didn't even think of that! Did it work?
0 Likes
DEnck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Ugh, not really. Mint assured me that it would work -- and the APN settings HAD changed with the update and needed to be restored. But that didn't solve the problem.

I did contact Samsung and did steps 1-3 of their (attached)suggestions only.

Safe mode worked, and after that i discovered that the Samsung messages app could send MMS. (I had been using the Google app.) Hopefully that can get resolved soon, but at least the ability to send MMS messages has been somehow restored. Screenshot_20210904-121216_Chrome_7087.jpgScreenshot_20210904-121306_Chrome_7090.jpg
0 Likes
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Glad yours got fixed. Id also been using Google Messages too but even samsung messages cant send SMS MMS. Ig I'll try safe mode. Samsung keeps saying it a carrier issue but with how widespread it is I'm pretty sure it's a software bug
0 Likes
user2P6wjUTS8h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue! What is the fix Samsung?

0 Likes