Original topic:

Can't clear default web

(Topic created: 07-03-2021 09:25 AM)
Olegausany
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G from Verizon with the latest update and yesterday discovered so strange issue. Chrome is set as default browser while for years it was set to ask me which one I wanted to use. So I went to Settings then Apps then Chrome App info where it says that default browser is Chrome. So I tap that entry and it shows me a list of the browsers I have installed and just let's me select a different browser but the button 'Clear default ' is missing. The same applies to every browser. I contacted support over the phone and was told to go to General Management and try to reset all settings which didn't help. I was also told that it is not longer possible to Clear default, only to set one. Any explanation and help would be greatly appreciated 

2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Olegausany In settings -> Apps, click on the 3 dot menu in upper right. Click on "Reset app preferences".

0 Likes
Olegausany
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My sincere apologies that I forgot to mention that I have tried it before resetting all settings but it doesn't help, because while it says that it will reset all default apps in reality it didn't happen. I discovered that this issue exists at least since January and was suggested to use option 'uninstall all updates' which fixed the problem but also reset all Chrome settings. After I updated the Chrome back and logged in back to the same account everything except open tabs got restored so now I have to find out how I can get more than 1000 tabs back at once instead of one at a time
0 Likes