JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't download and install ONE UI 3 on my unlocked 20+

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 1:47 AM)
userMYYMXsgJhQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently bought an s20 plus unlocked that came from Xfinity here... Popped my Telcel Sim card in and it worked perfectly... I've been very happy with the phone except that I can't download and install One UI 3...

It's basically telling me that the update is available and I tap on download and install, but once it finishes downloading it says "This download file is invalid. Please try downloading again"

I live in mexico and I wanted to get the Snapdragon version since it's obviously better but does it have something to do with the phone being from the US but used in mexico or something??

Any help is very much appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userMYYMXsgJhQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So all I did was go to another house and for some reason I was able to download and install the update there even tho my internet was perfectly fine and fast... Somehow my internet was the problem after all...

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Uninstall LOCATION on apps drawer and try again.
0 Likes
userMYYMXsgJhQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Alright I will try that and lets see if it works... So you're saying it's the fact that I'm in mexico that doesn't want to let me install the update right?

0 Likes
userMYYMXsgJhQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I tried disabling the location and then downloading and installing but the same thing happened? Maybe I need a Xfinity Sim card to update my phone? 

Do you have any other ideas 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
That's my guess. The download is not matching your carrier.
0 Likes
userMYYMXsgJhQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Well I was scared that maybe since I'm not using the phone in the US I won't be able to update it... But since my sim worked right away meaning it's unlocked it should still work somehow right? 

0 Likes
Solution
userMYYMXsgJhQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So all I did was go to another house and for some reason I was able to download and install the update there even tho my internet was perfectly fine and fast... Somehow my internet was the problem after all...

View solution in context

0 Likes