JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't get out Safe Mode on new S20+

(Topic created: 06-07-2020 04:44 AM)
Edgarbiii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just got my new Galaxy S20+ today.  I transferred all of my stuff and apps and it worked fine.  Then it went into Safe Mode and I can't get out of it.  I touched the Notification pulldown, cleared the cache, and reset the settings.  Any suggestions????

It also has an annoying notifications sound even after I turned off all of the alerts.

UPDATE!

I did a Factory reset and the Safe Mode still won't go away.  While in Safe Mode it is in airplane mode, so when I try to download updates to the SmartSwitch it just does a do loop and doesn't connect.  
So I'm really stuck.

5 Replies
TelleyPooh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

That is really weird. I went into safe mode yesterday on my S20 for some troubleshooting and I restarted my phone and it was no longer in safe mode.

Try this:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g/safe-mode-samsung-galax...

0 Likes
Edgarbiii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Normally that would work, but I even did a factory reset and it is still there.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Did you do a soft reset or hard reset? If you didn't do hard reset, then I would try that next. Turn off the phone. Hold the power,bixby, and the volume up until you go into the recovery menu. Move the sector with the volume keys to wipe data/factory reset and press the power button to select. Now confirm, by  selecting yes...wipe data. It will take a little bit to complete, when it stops, you'll automatically so don't press the power button Do NOT REBOOT. By using the volume rocker press down until your selector is on the clear cache. Or wipe cache, just press the power button on the line that has cache in it. After a few seconds, youll be back on the main menu. Press the power button to restart the device.

If boot back into smart switch, then you possibly plug the phone into a PC, you can control the app from there. 

If that doesn't work, then take it back to wherever you bought it from cause I know its still under warranty 

0 Likes
Solution
Edgarbiii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the repy.  Here is what I did this morning;

1.  I turned it on to see if the phone elves fixed it overnight. They did not, still in SM

2.  I turned it of using the vol up & Bixby buttons.  it wouldn't turn off.

3.  I then used the vol down & Bixby buttons.  It turned off.

4.  I was going to take out my sim card and memory card to reboot and try it without.

5.  I took it out of the case and it turned on by itself.

6.  The safe Mode was gone and I could continue the setup.

As I write it is still transferring data. I will play with it for a while and see if it continues to work.

I will then place it back in my Waterproof IP68 Case and see if it happens again.

I hate it when people have a problem with their stuff and then come back and write."never mind I got it fixed" and go away without explaining what they did to fix it.

user7ORgkfbsDZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had this problem of not being able to get out of safe mode when I woke up this morning on my s20 ultra 5g after doing a auto update last night.  I turn of and on my phone 5 times and look through everything and could not find a solution and I need my phone for work . I tried holding down the power/Bixby button and volume down keys and hit reset and that worked just like they said  down below . Thank you for the help.

0 Likes