JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't turn on hotspot after most recent update

(Topic created: 05-02-2021 10:49 AM)
Toddyj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My wife and I just completed the most recent Samsung requested update and now neither of us can turn on our hot spots. Anyone else have this issue with their GalaxyS20?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Honestly since you've tried the steps in this thread with no success, reaching out to your carrier is the next recommended step. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Toddyj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks, I tried and it didn't help.
0 Likes
Toddyj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I get an error saying "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or not installed.
0 Likes
joeldf
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Your carrier usually controls hotspot functions on the phone. Does your data plan allow it? Has your plan recently changed?
0 Likes
Toddyj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
How do I do that?
0 Likes
Toddyj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, my plan allows it. Also, the plan is the same as it's always been.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

have you contacted the carrier? 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Honestly since you've tried the steps in this thread with no success, reaching out to your carrier is the next recommended step. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userzc46HPrNnI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The issue has been confirmed as a Samsung update issue. The hotspot works on all other devices I tried the sim in. I factory data reset my Galaxy S20 and still the issue remains. It's a SOFTWARE issue. Fix it for us before we go buy the new iPhone. 

usergof5RyQNUq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same issue. please help