JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't uninstall netflix

(Topic created: 05-03-2020 01:06 PM)
userjGIgt6HpwH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Can some one please tell me why I can't uninstall netflix on my s20+?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

It's likely been pre-installed from the carrier. If the app was pre-installed, it cannot be uninstalled, only disabled.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Did it come pre-installed? Are you able to disable it?

userjGIgt6HpwH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am able to disable.

I am not sure if it came pre installed as did the file transfers thing from my old Samsung to my new one and I had netflix on my old device.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

It's likely been pre-installed from the carrier. If the app was pre-installed, it cannot be uninstalled, only disabled.

0 Likes
userjGIgt6HpwH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Okay,thank you for the help. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

You are welcome.

0 Likes
RalphK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
appears s20+ comes with Netflix preinstalled. I can't uninstall either and mine is a unlocked phone and carrier never touched this phone or my last one.
user9VXPDwvXNT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

@Anonymous 

Netflix supports hyper-sexualization of children by airing movies like "Cuties". I am boycotting the company and have cancelled my service with them.

I just got my new S20 Ultra today and am very upset that I cannot remove this app. Are we saying Samsung supports these companies, therefore we are forced to support them?

We should have a choice of what applications are installed on our phones, the phones actually belong to us. Disabling it is not enough.

Please remedy the situation immediately. Smiley Mad

usercm2t2uLMV3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sure if you check into a large majority of corporations you will find all types of issues.  I would doubt you would be left with any app, phone and very few types of entertainment.  You don't get a Netflix account, just the app.  If you don't agree with almost all celebrities and corporations, don't use them.  It's not like Netflix opens automatically and even if it did, they have thousands of shows.