cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Cancel order and move on

I have s8+ and still runs like new and been receiving updates latest one was on feburary 1, 2020. Battery life is good on mine not sure the abuse your phone went through... 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

No problem here received my phone on the third but waiting for my case which is on backorder.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I like. It

Highlighted
Asteroid

U still get security updates past the 2 years its just OS updates. There's not much going on in these OS updates that makes it a big deal anymore. Samsung already has have two features that Google is putting out into their OS updates

Highlighted
Constellation

Funny how Windows/MacOS devices will take updates pretty much until they can't. I'd love to blame Samsung entirely for this, but I think it's an Android/industry issue. But still, these phones don't offer the value they should for the money they cost.

Highlighted

@userg2yU9fSS1O wrote:

Funny how Windows/MacOS devices will take updates pretty much until they can't. I'd love to blame Samsung entirely for this, but I think it's an Android/industry issue. But still, these phones don't offer the value they should for the money they cost.

If the phone hardware was more durable, or did not deteriorate, "built to last"  then I have reason to squawk. 

The costs to replace the glass display, front and back, a battery, chargers, well your approaching the cost for a new phone and you would still have an old processor.

Highlighted

Well you are replacing the entire phone at that point. 

I just replaced the front screen and battery for a gen 1 pixel in the family and it cost me about 120 (including shipping and tax) and about an hour of my time. And the phone is still working perfectly.

@userQQHQoe49tl wrote:

Well you are replacing the entire phone at that point. 

I just replaced the front screen and battery for a gen 1 pixel in the family and it cost me about 120 (including shipping and tax) and about an hour of my time. And the phone is still working perfectly.

I looked into replacing the front glass.  They (couple different places) would not do it without also replacing the back, was going to be atleast $350. I was trying get something for a trade in value since the three  carriers or places I talk to would not accept the crack glass where as Samsung did.

Highlighted

The biggest cost is usually the labor. Chain repair shops charge very high rates. Depending on the phone, the back might need to be removed to replace the front but shouldn't need to be replaced to. Unless they were damaging it when they removed it. 

Highlighted

Well that is the thing. Both Apple and Google support their devices for much longer.

It seems like Samsung is just not willing to put the effort or money into the software to support it for longer.

And Samsung produces so many varients of the phones (different levels and for different carriers) that it also makes it harder on themselves.

And at over 1400$, that comes with more expectations from the customer that they would be able to use if for longer.