cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Cannot remove a widget

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I added a clock widget to my Home Screen but do not like it and I cannot remove it by touch-and-hold and move to trash. When I touch and hold, the widget disappears so that I cannot drag it to the trash. My Home Screen is NOT locked. The really bad thing is this widget is showing up on EACH of my Home Screens, right on top of some apps. Help!?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Cannot remove a widget

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Which version of Android are you running? If you're on the latest version (Android 10, One UI 2.5), then I'd recommend you try rebooting your phone and then pressing and holding your finger on the widget once again to see if you get the "remove from home" pop-up.

*Edit* - Yeah, the trash can icon at the top of each page is just for deleting the page. Widgets can only be removed by the whole "press and hold pop-up icon" that I mentioned.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove a widget

JUMP TO SOLUTION
On my Note 20 Ultra, when I press and hold my finger on the widget, there's an option that quickly appears that says "remove from home". Pressing that removes the widget from the Home Screen (and this is on Samsung's One UI 2.5 home screen).
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish that worked for me. When I press-and-hold, the widget disappears under my finger. A Trash Can symbol does appear at the top of the screen, but when I press that, a "Delete Page" option appears with a Cancel and Delete. I do not want to delete the whole page, as this would take the apps on that page with it. This is my first time owning a Samsung, and this kind of thing never happened with the Motorola or Pixel phones.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Which version of Android are you running? If you're on the latest version (Android 10, One UI 2.5), then I'd recommend you try rebooting your phone and then pressing and holding your finger on the widget once again to see if you get the "remove from home" pop-up.

*Edit* - Yeah, the trash can icon at the top of each page is just for deleting the page. Widgets can only be removed by the whole "press and hold pop-up icon" that I mentioned.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the hint, Tec9. I did a Restart on my phone and the bad widget simply vanished. The old engineering solution: turn it off and turn it back on again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Cannot remove a widget

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ahh, glad that you got the widget to vanish! Hope that you have an awesome day! Take care!
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

s20? s20+? or ultra?
what carrier and what software version? software version is under settings - about - software - last 4 baseband version.

I tried with my S20U and S20, but i dont have problem placing and removing clock widget..
my software version is BTJ4 from TMB