cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Carrier Hub processing requests, what are these requests for?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have been getting notifications that the carrier hub is processing requests that cannot be cleared away until it is done. 
The 2 processing requests I have seen are 
1) mobile requests are processing
2) mcm client requests are processing
What are these requests for? I'm on T-Mobile network.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Carrier Hub processing requests, what are these requests for?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having the same issue and have same carrier.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?

Constellation

Re: Re: Carrier Hub processing requests, what are these requests for?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
it does for me
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For me it happens every time I restart my phone ever since the 2.5 update.
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem here since the 2.5 new update. So something is not good with the update???

JUMP TO SOLUTION

but they disappear after processing is completed, correct?

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The notifications appear when reception is lost and regained to cell towers.
They do go away after the process is done. Some online sites are stating that carrier hub is from Sprint.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@userBwHIjqnKIR

I recently installed the October system update. I noticed these in the apps manager. Carrier Hub, Carrier Device Manager, MCM Client and Mobile Installer. 

It writes Carrier Hub, Processing Request to the notification log file in groups of five at different times in the day and night.

Aside from the permissions we're allowed to deny the all permissions gives it access to everything else on our phones. It's installed as a system app and is exempt from battery optimization, disable, uninstall, etc. On my S9 the notifications are set to visibllity private so I never see them in the notification panel. I found one of the apps or services that send one of the notifications in system settings, location, at the bottom of the page. Network Data Analytics. When I tap it a while screen opens and states it's disabled. Writes the notification log files every time.

So they've installed T-mobile /sprint software on my phone as a system app, it's not running properly and there's nothing that can be done with it. I really don't need more software collecting data for analytical purposes. They already have the T-mobile app, T-mobile pr adapt and another option that allows them to collect data for diagnostic analysis. I don't know if this was causing the recent battery usage to decline or not so I factory data reset and it's back to normal. The notifications are still being logged. This is not something I want on my phone.

Edit, A few things they might be used for on sprint branded phones. Mobile installer is used by sprint to automatically install apps, mostly apps we don't really want, on their branded phones. T-mobile has a similar app called app selector. Mcm client is sprint mobile content management. It updates everything a sprint branded phone has installed, apps, branding and features ect.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for the detailed information. I also do not want more apps logging my information. I hope there will be an update to remove this soon.