JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Casting why so confusing?

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 06:27 AM)
ermac4482
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have to say when it comes to casting  ,Samsung really confuses me. First on my old S8 when watching You Tube I could hit the cast button when on Wifi of the same network as TV and it would work fine. Now with the the S20 they want to make you use , Smart view , or Dex or Smart things. How come I cant get Yout tube casting to work? The only way I've been able to get it to work is if I go into setting of the You Tube on my phone and TV and do the code . That is alot of steps. Not really a fan of mirroring with smart view. I mean it works but how the when I just hit the cast button it just sits there .I even messed with some setting from MIrror to dex etc.  Also when playing with smart things apps, it wont even show my devices but some times it does. Like when I go to add a device to a room it ask me if a want to mirror when I just want to add it to the room. It just seems Samsung has too many Hodge podge of casting options that are confusing. I just want the plain You tube casting right from the app . Any ideas?

5 Replies
StateCakes69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you using Google Home? I know it's like adding more gas to your fire but it's what you need to use. Download it from playstore and let me know if you have issues setting it up. It can be confusing as well but worth the trouble in the end.
Solution
ermac4482
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I downloaded it but couldn't figure it out. Can you tell me what I need to do , like what menus etc , and also why? Can you not use You tube alone for casting if the TV and Phone are on the same network ?

View solution in context

0 Likes
ermac4482
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I just wanted to say out of nowhere its working. I havent changed anything , I dont know if its a Wifi issue or update but I was at home and hit the Cast option within the YT app and it worked. Hopefully it stays this way and Samsung gives people the option to use either YT or their Mirroring. 

0 Likes
StateCakes69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't really have that problem I did first couple times in a motel not being able to get it to work but that last 3 setups have been a breeze. . I'll tell you what . The next time I get a hotel room and set it up I will record or dictate step by step how I do it . Might be easiest that way.
0 Likes
ermac4482
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Read my last comment it's working now , but at first it wouldn't connect . Thanks for the reply
0 Likes