JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Change CSC to another provider ?

(Topic created: 12-08-2020 01:21 PM)
GabyBabyur5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Wife has a factory unlocked S20 as her CSC is GTO..Can't verify where, who that is. SamMobiles list of providers does not indicate a GTO anywhere.  No update of UI3/11 so far...So how can I change her provider to say Italy (ITV) which is very good on their updates or recommended.
7 Replies
GabyBabyur5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Any Samsung moderators wish to stab at this..
0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

We are unable to assist in changing any region lock codes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GabyBabyur5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
How about Samsung contacting Guatemala and telling them to push/update their phones..Is it not their responsibility to ensure updates are sent when required or eligible...if not, How else do you rectify this situation...
Thank you
0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Regretfully, the moderators here are based for US support. You can find contact information for your region here: https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/info/contactus/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

GabyBabyur5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the link SamsungCole. FYI..Phone was purchased from US, I live in the US, and phone is operating in the US...Why wouldn't this qualify for US base support.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Unlock requirements vary by device and carrier and are not dictated by Samsung. In the event of a carrier lock code, you would contact your carrier prior to deactivation of the phone and activation on a new carrier to verify unlock requirements, and for additional information. Similarly, for a region lock code or CSC unlock, you would contact the country or region you are wanting to change it to. However, in doing this you are altering the software of the device and thereby voiding the US based warranty. This is why we cannot help in changing it, as we cannot support or offer suggestions that would void your warranty. I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

GabyBabyur5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the info and explanation Adam...the good news though my phone was just updated today 12/12.. Maybe or maybe not why is I was at least able to contact by text Latin region cust svc my situation, concerns and any alternative methods. So, by just giving me the most or minimal information allowed or authorized by Samsung moderator(s)was enough to accomplish my needs. Thanks again
0 Likes