Original topic:

Charging

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 08:28 PM)
userEjsnQbg6zi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My phone suddenly stopped charging. It was connected, I was at about 19%, and after a couple of minutes it stopped. Figured it was the cable, because moving it around seemed to do the trick. Afterwards, I tried different outlets, and it would seem to be okay for a couple of minutes, and then nothing. Tried cleaning the port as it's been through a lot of dust. Charging now would not even start. I tried my brother's charger, he owns a OnePlus, and it worked perfectly. He tried using my charger, and it worked perfectly. I don't know what the problem is. It's the first time I've encountered something like this where the charger that came with my phone suddenly doesn't function with the intended phone. As additional info, my phone said some moisture was in the port, so I waited a whole day to drain it. The problem is no longer relevant as no charger would've worked, but this isn't the case. If anybody has something remotely similar occur, please suggest something. 
4 Replies
jimimpala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Contact Samsung for a new charger
0 Likes
Nodoubt01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
You might hv a damaged port or bad charging cord. For the moisture...put your phone in a quart or gallon size ziploc bag w.dry rice overnite. it really works.
0 Likes
CoolmanNikolai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Use your warranty and get a new phone find a service text send it to them continue complaining don't let them just repair or replace Parts insist that you need a new device
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

did the cable feel loose at all? like... a bit of play within the port?

you could have it checked at UBReakIFix

0 Likes