cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Chat features stopped working after May update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my S20 to the May security update on May 22. After that the chat features in the Samsung messages app just went poof. I can't send high quality video, I don't get the sent, delivered, or read in the messages. I've called Samsung and my carrier which is T-Mobile and they recommended reflashing my phone and that did NOT work, the cache and data was cleared that did NOT work, reset preferences that did NOT work, even did a factory reset that did NOT work. They are telling me to use Google Messages, that's cool and all but I don't want to. I want to use what my phone came with as the Samsung messages app comes with more features that I actually use. Can somebody please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? In the mean time I'm going to continue reaching out to my carrier to see what if anything else can be done.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Chat features stopped working after May update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue has been fixed. Under messages go to settings, then go to more settings, then go to multimedia messages and make sure that show when delivered and show when read is on

That is what fixed my issue. It is weird to me because I do not recall that ever being enabled. But hey I'm happy nonetheless ☺

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Chat features stopped working after May update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue has been fixed. Under messages go to settings, then go to more settings, then go to multimedia messages and make sure that show when delivered and show when read is on

That is what fixed my issue. It is weird to me because I do not recall that ever being enabled. But hey I'm happy nonetheless ☺

View solution in original post