Original topic:

Clipboard won't stay clean

(Topic created: 08-08-2021 12:44 AM)
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
My clipboard keeps reminding me of my past and my past copied items keeps reappearing in my clipboard list. I have cleared it on all keyboards I use and even the edge panel clipboard and it goes away temporarily and then comes back. This is really frustrating, as I only want it to keep a few things on my clipboard list and the ones I want are properly locked. The ones I don't want are clearly not locked but still keeps coming back. I had some really silly things on there and don't want to keep being haunted by it.  Help!
3 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung keyboard is server related features so it is possible that all the stored info is just not updating properly on the server. If the clipboard isn't related to the server then it's possible you just need to clear cache or update the keyboard. I have noticed that the keyboard doesn't really update on-time.

Try to clear cache and see if it fixes, if it doesn't then do a screen recording of you deleting clipboard stuff and check back shortly to notice the  copied stuff returning. Follow up with error report submission to Samsung Members. Hopefully the techs at Samsung can figure out what is causing this issue.

0 Likes
Buckeyegirl76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an s20 fe 5g phone.. I turned on the clipboard edge and always keep it clear but when I run the Max Security App, it calls out a clipboard security risk that it is unable to clear. Here's what I found works but it involves clearing the cache partition. It makes me nervous that there appears to be some kind of clipboard risk somewhere in the cache partition but I do get a clean run on the Max Security App after I clear it. This process is also nice if you simply want to clear the entire cache for everything instead of having to do it for each app. To clear the cache partition:

1) Turn off your phone
2) Press the sound up and power key that will bring up a menu
3) Press the sound down key to navigate to the clear cache partition item in the list
4) Press power key to select that action
5) After the message appears at the bottom of the screen saying the cache has been wiped, press the power key once more to reboot the phone.

There's something that keeps generating the clipboard risk that Max Security finds and can't clear so I find myself checking it and clearing the cache every day.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Solved : I found out that I had to clear the clipboard in the secure folder bc that's where I copied the content. Thanks everyone for your input.
0 Likes