JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Clock is changing on its own

(Topic created: 09-24-2020 06:54 AM)
user8NCG0S9hWW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Why is my clock changing constantly! Very scary when you have alarms set daily for important things and your phone is off by an hour! Everytime I reset my phone I have to go in and turn off the automatic clock set, which keeps saying I'm mountain standard time...which I am NOT. Its frustrating because I use my phone alarms daily! Ugh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

What I do with my device is, navigate to Settings, and click the magnifying glass to search. Type in, set time, and select set time under General management > Date and Time. From here I have the automatic date and time off and selected my time zone. I would recommend trying this if the automatic time zone provided by your network is changing. If your symptom still persists I would recommend testing your device while in safe mode. You can do so by doing the following.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen
Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode.
The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
do you happen to live somewhere where you're right on a border between two different time zones and maybe the phone is confusing it?
0 Likes
userjbCw1D7mpk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same issue. It keeps changing my clock an hour behind the normal time. I have restarted my phone and checked the roaming time zone (which is selected correctly even though the time still doesn't reflect the correct time) but it still changes constantly. idk how to fix it. it is very frustrating because I rely on my alarms for school. plus this is an expensive phone to have this type of issues (galaxy s20 ultra)

ps I'm not close to a location where the time zone is different.
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

What I do with my device is, navigate to Settings, and click the magnifying glass to search. Type in, set time, and select set time under General management > Date and Time. From here I have the automatic date and time off and selected my time zone. I would recommend trying this if the automatic time zone provided by your network is changing. If your symptom still persists I would recommend testing your device while in safe mode. You can do so by doing the following.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen
Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode.
The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.