cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Connection fails to connect Samsung S20 5G to PC/Laptop via Bluetooth

• The Samsung S20 comes with a USB C cable (both ends) and Power Adapter (USB C) but the phone does not come with the standard USB to USB B cable typically used to transfer data and charge devices so out of the box you must used wireless communications to transfer data.
  • I've ordered the necessary USB cables to connect S20 to older USB port but while I'm waiting for those cables I want to transfer music files from my Laptop to the S20 using Bluetooth, but connection can not be established between the laptop and the S20 phone.
    Pairing is successful between S20 and Laptop.
  • However when attempting to connect the laptop to the S20 the laptop quickly indicates "Connected" for about 2 seconds then jumps back to "PAIRED" while the S20 says "Coudn't connect".

Any ideas how to get these two connected? 

FYI 

• Laptop is Microsoft Surface running Windows 10
  • Samsung S20 5G is new out of the box
  • My older Galaxy Note 5 transferred data to S20 with no problems across Bluetooth using Smart Switch.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Connection fails to connect Samsung S20 5G to PC/Laptop via Bluetooth

Seems to be a wider problem. Since I experience similar connection issue with wireless headphones Jabra 75t: paired but afterwards "couldn't connect".

On other devices no connection issues with the headphones.  

Hopefully solution will be available soon.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, this message is to let you know that a post has been removed for breaking terms of service for the Community. While you are welcome to detail your experiences, even the negative ones, we ask that you do not disclose any private or personal matters concerning any one person or group. This includes reposting private conversations to the page. This type of behavior can be considered defamatory towards the individual or group and is not tolerated under the current terms of service. We like to keep the Community a positive place as much as we can and appreciate all posts, even when we cannot help or offer what is requested. I must warn that continued actions that break the terms of service can and will result in temporary or permanent bans where necessary.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, I have the same issue oon my S20+.

When I try to connect to PC connection fails and re-try constantly without success.

I tried in Safe mode, after reboot, with the smart switch, but nothing worked.

Very annoying as I´m not able to backup and recover my mobile data. :/

I think it is a hardware issue, mobile should be replaced. That's what I'm going to ask for.

Highlighted
Constellation

I got my issue fixed finally. No reset would do the trick. 

Instead I downloaded another Bluetooth pairing app (in my case called "Bluetooth pair") and immediately paired and connected! 

Hopefully this will fix it for you. Good luck!

Highlighted
Constellation

Did not help for my S20+ to a Windows 10 PC. Having the same problem with my Windows 10 laptop, though I haven't tried using that app. Phone will pair to headphones.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you. Bluetooth Pair (Waylon Huang) did not work for mel however, Bluetooth Pair (Manjul Saini)  did.

If a moderator happens to read this, from looking an multiple complaints, this is a software problem, not a hardware problem and is widespread, affecting consumer views on your products and on your company. Whether it is only in Samsung devices or is an Android problem, Samsung has the weight to get Google's attention and should be driving the resolution on our behalf as well as yours.