Original topic:

Constant software update notification on Galaxy S20 FE

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 03:31 PM)
anja8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I keep having a software update notification with the message "update your phone" on my S20 FE lock screen and in my notifications overview.
I have updated my phone 100 times but the notification doesn't disappear. What can I do?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jim4427
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Try and go to your settings scroll to the bottom and select software update. If there is one it would download the phone will restart and install.
0 Likes
anja8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The last update I installed was tonight about 20 minutes ago. However the update notification message didn't disappear. It's just always there...

0 Likes
Jim4427
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Try to reach out to Samsung I'm sure they will have some answers. Sorry if no help
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

I think you are bouncing back and forth between market version and a test version. test version usually ends with (...)a

which shouldn't be happening, since that's only for the testers and engineers working on the phone.

check what versions you are being asked to update to.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I am sorry to hear your update notification will not go away despite updating. Have you made sure you actually have the latest version of the system updates? Sometimes it may take a few more updates to get to the latest version, depending on how long your device has gone without them. 
You can also try wiping your device's cache partition, which can improve function and behavior. The steps are:

• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.

• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.

• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.

• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.

• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, you can see if a third-party application might be to blame. Try these steps for Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes