Original topic:

Contacts application won't sync from Google contacts

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 11:51 AM)
eranous
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

I have a Samsung S20 FE (it's two months old).

Today I noticed that the Contacts application that came with the phone stopped syncing my Google contacts and when I inspected the Contacts application “Sync contacts” menu in the settings it said that the last time the Google contacts were synced was 2 weeks ago and that there was an error.

I tried some troubleshooting suggestions that I found online:

1. Synch the entire Google account
  2. Restart the phone
  3. Clear the Contacts app cache and data
  4. Changed the "background data" options
  5. Tried to sync while charging
  6. Remove the Google account and add it again as a last resort

None of this has worked for me however after I added my Google account back to the phone I noticed that in the Google account under "Sync account" options I now have "People details" instead of the "Contacts" I had before removing the account.

Also, now when I open the Contacts application "Sync contacts" option I don't see the Google account on the accounts list anymore (it still appears on the global Accounts), however if I try to add my Google account then the Contacts application is saying that the account already exists (there is a blue dot next to Google in the add account menu)

My bet is that Google changed their API/behavior for contacts at the beginning of January and the Contacts application just hasn't adapted to this behavior yet.

Any idea what would be the next steps for this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend that you make sure that your phone is up to date on its software. If that doesn't work I recommend that you reach out to google for further assistance. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SAEED1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same problem
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would recommend that you make sure that your phone is up to date on its software. If that doesn't work I recommend that you reach out to google for further assistance. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes