JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Continually dropping WiFi

(Topic created: 12-06-2020 05:22 AM)
userjlY15DDHyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Starting about a day ago, my S20 won't stay connected to wifi.  It is not the router because all other devices connect.  My son who also has an S20 said he is having the same problem.  I have restarted my device, cleared the app cache, reset network settings. And lastly factory reset the device.  The problem persists. Was this the result of a recent update?  Will it be corrected?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

We have discovered on the NOTE 20 that 

Go to Settings -> Location -> Google Location Accuracy

Turn off

Fixes the issue. Perhaps you all on the S20 could try and same and see if that works for you? If it does, then turn it back on and see if it causes the problems again. If it does, then the S20 is affected in the same way as the Note 20. Submit a report to Samsung since that is a bug we can all repeat.

View solution in context

18 Replies
JoWWenM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having same issue, did OS upgrade on Nov 30, has to be connected
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

what is your software version? (settings - about - software - baseband ver)

also, what is your carrier??

thank you!

0 Likes
userjlY15DDHyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

G981USQ1BTJ2

AT&T

Options
Galaxy S20

i have the same phone, and mine works fine..

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes
userjlY15DDHyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
done. thanks for the suggestion
0 Likes
userjlY15DDHyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
will Samsung ever respond to this? days gone by and problem persists.
0 Likes
userjlY15DDHyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
This has been useless. Problem persists and no response from Samsung. Eagerly awaiting Android 11 update hoping that will fix this and when feasible will ditch Samsung phone for a Google device.
0 Likes
userjlY15DDHyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Android 11 software update installed this morning.  Problem persists.  It's so bad I just took a picture of something on my laptop and text messaged that to my wife becuase I couldn't get a wifi/cell connection to share it directly from the phone's browser.  

0 Likes
userzrWINRV3zs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Any fix available that works? Same issue here. Reset everything from router to phone - wiping out all my setting which Samsung support told me to but same dropping constantly- changed from randomized mac to phone- nothing works but Samsung acted like it was the first time they heard of the issue and then hung up on me after having me wipe my phone- such a joke and sh$t customer service. Wifes iPhone has zero issues. At this point i can't use wifi as it constantly drops.

0 Likes