Original topic:

DO NOT PURCHASE if you expect a quality warranty resolution.

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 01:19 PM)
userEsj9ZxNlte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So, back when the Samsung S20 Ultra Plus came out, I purchased it thinking it would be great for photography. Long story short, after about a month, i kept getting a camera failed warning and it would crash. I sent my brand new phone back for warranty repair and Samsung thought it was good enough to send me a refurb phone as its replacement. I tried to raise **bleep** about it, but it fell on deaf ears.  Finally, I just let them win and kept the POS refurb.

Fast forward 10 months and my refurb is having the exact same issue. So now I've sent it back again on October 25. Nov. 2 I get an email explaining that it being sent back unrepaired. So I wait a couple of days, still no phone. I call customer support and they tell me my phone is being replaced. Ok, great, but when? I need this phone for work, to the point that I'm taking PTO until I get my phone.  So I call customer service again to get a timeframe of my phone. I was told 15 days to send me a new phone. Excuse me, but ef you.  I need a phone for work.  Let me go to Verizon to get a replacement and you can send the store the replacement phone. No, they will not do that as there is a process. I don't give a @$%7 about your internal processes. Get me my phone now, I need it for work.  Anyways, I wish I would have lawyered up the first time they sent me a subpar phone. This time I am going to get a lawyer to help me recover days missed at work and my phone. There's no legal reason they can hold my phone hostage because of a clear warranty issue, even determined so by their technicians. My advice is, if you want to overpay for a phone, get an iPhone. Their customers are more of a priority to them

4 Replies
userEsj9ZxNlte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Update it is now November 13, 2021, it has been one month since the internal samsung engineers determined that warranty repair couldn't be completed and I'd be getting a new phone.... but in order to comply with their own arbitrary warranty time-line, they closed the ticket and opened a new one.... twice. And the newest ticket refers to their warranty turn around time. I Spent yesterday at the Verizon store taking to people about my issue. I got two people to get iPhone instead. I've since determined that I will go to the store everyday and talk people out of Samsung products and to spread the word. Conveniently there's an appliance store right next door. I will make sure that no one there buys anything samsung. I'm on a mission. You make me take 28 days offbecause of a subpar product. I will make sure you pay for it.
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Yep. I've had similar situation when they open new tickets and close existing ticket willy nilly. So frustrating.
0 Likes
userEsj9ZxNlte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
They just did it again. It moved to a new team so the opened and closed the ticket and now the days are reset so they can now be within the magical 15 day turnaround time.
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Nothing but circus of frustration unfortunately.