Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DO Not Buy S20 5G unlocked.. It does not support NR SA

I have S20 5G Phone .. I can connect through 5G NSA but can't connect to NR SA

I can not see SA Bands in service mode

4:42 PM
Talked to T-Mobile and They have given me 5G enabled sim which is R15

4:50 PM
Galaxy S20+ and the Galaxy S20 Ultra support features like CA (carrier aggregation), SA (standalone) 5G networks, VoLTE (Voice over LTE), and VoWi-Fi (Voice over Wi-Fi).

4:50 PM
ohh so S20 5G does not?

4:55 PM
Galaxy S20 5G unlocked version will support 5G network based on the carrier.

4:55 PM
You can just use the 5G activated SIM card on the phone.

4:56 PM
We cannot activate any bands from the technical support team.

Well I have 5G activated Sim card but I am only getting NSA Bands

T-Mobile said its not their problem because its unlocked S20 5G

so we should not be buying unlocked?

4:59 PM
I can understand your concern. For the carrier locked version will have the full specifications with all the bands activated. For the unlocked version these are limited. Because for the unlocked versions we can use any carrier and that may or may not support with 5G.

5:02 PM
For the locked version the bands will be activated with the software and it has all the carrier features enabled on it. In unlocked version some of the carrier features will not work.

5:03 PM
agreed but you should make this public so that no one should buy Unlocked Phones

5:05 PM
No worries I think I am stuck with this phone but I will make sure I will post this chat to different forums like GSMArena and XDA

5:07 PM
I can understand your point of view. We will take this as feedback. The bands might be released in the future updates. Once the update is released it will work with NR SA bands.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: DO Not Buy S20 5G unlocked.. It does not support NR SA

Just flash your unlocked with the T-mobile carrier firmware. Working great for me. I have the R15 sim and get SA 5G, now the NSA 5G still comes around sometimes... And seems like that isn't as stable for internet connections.
Highlighted

Yes I can access SA with T-Mobile firmware because they have turned on SA bands. Then what is the point to buy Unlocked directly from Samsung

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_tcMUaL8 The phone does support SA maybe you need to check coverage in your area if SA is available. 

Highlighted

Yes it does but you have to have Carrier specific Firmware.