cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Delayed Texts Caused by WIFI?

Hello;  I've been having an intermitent problem receiving text messages, sometimes for days.  I think I have discovered part of the problem, but I don't know what to do about it.  Where I live there is no cell service, I depend on wi-fi.  Occassionally I would not receive texts or voice mails.  As it happens more, I think it happens when my phone is on and wifi drops out.  When wifi comes back on the phone finds it and I can use it and everything is normal, but...  If I get a text after that happens, it will not come through until I am somewhere with actual cell service.  If after this happens the phone happens to be off and someone leaves me a message, I will not get this voice mail until I'm somewhere with actual service.  As I said, I THINK this is what is happening not 100% sure yet, but I am sure that when I go somewhere that I have actual cell service I often receive messages and texts that came days earlier.  The phone has all the latest updates.  I spoke with AT&T and they said it is a phone issue not a provider issue.  I have talked to other people who say it is a Iphone/Android issue, that Iphone to Iphone works and Android to Android works but messages sent from Iphone or to Iphones from or to Androids don't always go through and they recommend switching to Iphone.  Has anyone ever heard of this or have an answer?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Delayed Texts Caused by WIFI?

I have never heard of it being an issue on the phones part because I had a similar problem a couple years ago which I eneded up just changing providers in the end. But if you dont mind waiting days for the phone to find cell service I'd suggest looking into something that gets better service. Hope this helps !!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks, but the only thing that would get me 'better service' would be to move.  I shouldn't have to do that to get a cell phone to operate as advertised.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same issue! I hate the finger pointing. It's a Samsung issue.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the post.  Interesting that it isn't just me.  I realize it is an unusual set of circumstances, but it looks like this is a real shortfall.  It would be nice to get the engineers at Samsung to look into it.  Any idea how to do that, anyone?