cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Device won't connect to mobile data

Yesterday afternoon while at work I checked my phone cause it hadn't gone off in a while (in my position it's usually a constant thing) and noticed I wasn't connected to mobile data. I turned it off and back on with still no changes. I swapped sim into an old iPhone I had and it connected automatically. After internet searches I factory restored the device and it connected for about an hour then disconnected again. Called my mobile carrier and they said it's the device, but Samsung says it's carrier issues. Anyone else having this problem? For reference I have the regular S20.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Device won't connect to mobile data

I am having the same problem

Highlighted
Product Expert

If it's not the SIM card chances are it could be an issue with the device. I suggest calling 1(800)Samsung to send it in so the device can be looked in and if needed swapped out for a new device. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

im sorry to hear that your having connection issues. i know its something that is crusial that you have working. which wireless carriers are you using? And is your device a carrier Device or unlocked Device?

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's sad when I read all the issues people share on th Samsung platforms, with the hope they will get help.but unfortunately I dont see solutions on Samsung platforms but only on 3th party platforms from desperated people trying to fix their technical issues on their own ,simply because Samsung moderators just request us to other channels and push us out the system the easy of avoiding long conversations on chat. It's sad that Samsung doesn't see this issue, and more painful to know that people who buy Samsung products are proud people of Samsung and want the best of all kind.only this thought should normally touch Samsung to offer better after sales services because not everyone has the opportunity or the facility to get a new replacement. Very sad,am talking about my own problems when sometimes I cant find solutions with Samsung help sources and we find it somewhere else. The funny parts is that sometimes it's just a small issue and a regular guy with no technical background find and share with us what Samsung always push away the short cut to shut us down. Shame on those who call themselves technicians but dont offer help on Samsung help platforms.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Spoke with Samsung and they just push me off to my carrier saying it's their issue. Gonna give it a couple of more days then just start a return of the device to Samsung. Also this is in the AT&T network so not sure if Verizon or other carriers are experiencing the same thing. Love this phone and was really wanting it to work.

Highlighted
Product Expert

This seems very strange however, since you have already contacted both the carrier and Samsung  verbally. Have you considered mailing the device into Samsung for a server examination and or repair? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah I have the same problem an I'm with boost an have good signal