JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dial pad background does not work on themes

(Topic created: 04-06-2021 07:07 PM)
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have purchase a couple of themes from the Samsung store for my S20. The sample theme for the dialpad/phone does not work on my phone. Is there a setting that I am missing? I would like to apply the theme to my dial pad, too. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The themes which I purchased are not compatible with Dark Mode.

When you change the Dark Mode settings (Settings>Display>Dark Mode Settings) to "Light" the purchased themes should work as shown in the screen shots on the theme store.

I've attached a couple screen shots to show the difference in one theme.

Screenshot_20210518-223457_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210518-223449_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

10 Replies
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Does anyone have any insights about this?

0 Likes
user8SyP8dzSAV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello, I have complained about this problem a number of times. Nothing is themed except home and sometimes the lockscreen. Not the phone app nor contacts, nor the keyboard---nothing. On my s8 they themed everything. Don't think that samsung cares. My solution is not to purchase anymore and I have at least 10 themes and more from my old s8.
0 Likes
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I accidentally stumbled upon something. The purchased theme now works fully. This is the first time the theme applied to the messages, dial, etc just like the examples in the theme store.

Unfortunely, I'm not sure what I did. I didn't notice the changes until hours later. However, the previous evening, I made adjustments in settings to screen resolution, power optimization , and dark mode.

I will keep investigating. I just wanted to let you know that there is a fix.

Can anyone else offer insights on which setting prevents themes from working across the device?
0 Likes
user8SyP8dzSAV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Please, there are many people waiting to find out what the solution is including me. Please continue .
0 Likes
Solution
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The themes which I purchased are not compatible with Dark Mode.

When you change the Dark Mode settings (Settings>Display>Dark Mode Settings) to "Light" the purchased themes should work as shown in the screen shots on the theme store.

I've attached a couple screen shots to show the difference in one theme.

Screenshot_20210518-223457_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210518-223449_Settings.jpg

user8SyP8dzSAV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you, I will try this!
0 Likes
user8SyP8dzSAV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
It works, thanks!!!!!
0 Likes
ToddF90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
You're welcome. Glad to hear it's working for you.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

Has anyone tried submitting this as an issue to the SamsungMembers app? logically (as everyone expects) the preinstalled themes should work just fine for the devices... if they don't work for whatever the reason it's an issue. Hopefully Samsung will be able to provide a solution

0 Likes