cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Disgusted with ports for charging, earbuds

The last thing I thought I would have to worry about when purchasing my S20 was whether regular earbuds would work or whether it had a USB for a traditional computer.  I have a lot of traditional earbuds that I used with my edge 7 that I now cannot use unless I can find an adapter. How ridiculous is that? The air buds that they give you plugged into the charging port so you can't charge and listen at the same time.  Samsung I hope you're listening. This is the kind of proprietary garbage that loses customers and I will be one of the 1st the next time I need a phone. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Disgusted with ports for charging, earbuds

Well,you can get wireless chargers.. They work flawlessly. Also, try don't you get Bluetooth wireless earbuds

Highlighted
Constellation

I have three bluetooth earbuds. I listen to a lot of audio books, webinars and other media, as well as using them for phone calls. The bluetooths are dead in about 4 hours most of the time. It is a pain to keep them fully charged each night. I have a lot of wired good quality earbuds as well, which are now obselete, thanks to this change in the port. I also have two wireless chargers, but I am up and walking all over the house and outside. That means if the phone is charging, I lose the bluetooth signal a lot. All I'm saying is that the regular small earbud port is still standard, and wired buds aren't going anywhere soon. They are reliable and don't go dead in the middle of something. Why remove this option for earbuds and create a whole different plug system? If that ain't proprietary, I don't know what is.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Samsung Care Ambassador

An adapter is $10-15. Wireless chargers are great. Wireless headphones got excellent too. 

And there is nothing "proprietary " about any of that. It takes a little bit of adjustment, but if you give it a try, you will love it. 

It's a chore using wired headphones for me now, which I still do sometimes, but I don't miss the headphone jack.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1