Original topic:

Display Turns off at night - and stays off until morning! Phone is still on.

(Topic created on: 2/19/21 12:30 PM)
userwEp8lDnzRA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

My new Samsung Galaxy s20 FE 5g turns off at what appears to be every night at the same time 9pm-6am. Last night it did it mid while I was browsing the phone app GUI trying to find the setting that is causing this. The phone itself is turned on during this time period as when i press the side button and screen buttons I can hear the button noises when pressed. The display is just black.

I have been unable to get access to my phone during this duration and I need to wait until 6am to use the phone again. I have gone through every setting on the phone and tried turning on then off again every auto mode or display related thing like device care, bedtime, dark mode, schedulers in case it is somehow a bug that is causing it even though they are all turned off. A working theory I have is that it only started when I synced my old apps about a week ago (but not sure). since then I have uninstalled every app I can find that I don't need, but still doing it. It definitely wasn't doing it for about the first 2 weeks when I got the phone which is why I suspect it was since when I synced the apps.  Driving me crazy any help appreciated

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
check: settings, digital wellbeing and parental controls.
0 Likes
userwEp8lDnzRA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The bedtime mode which is in digital wellbeing is turned off. No parental controls setup

0 Likes