Does the Dexcom G6 work on Samsung galaxy S20

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userjSJATNXGUe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Dexcom G6 does not work with the S20 or  The S20 plus software  issue.  Great system if you have all the working parts. Unfortunately their service is less than desirable. They didn't mention that I had to use an older phone or get the other half of the kit which is the receiver  In order for the system to function. Really. Shame on them. I sent an email asking them 1st why there is no receiver and 2nd  Why doesn't my S20 plus work with the G6. They answered my 1st question by telling me to order it through my doctor and completely ignored my 2nd question ha ok.   Frustrated Smitty 

View solution in context

41 Replies
Samsung_gLBgP6n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes

0 Likes
uservG9bR1bEFQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

no

0 Likes
user5lC7f5t68z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It does not.....yet

0 Likes
Samsung_sOyMAqb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

What's that

0 Likes
user8qRejCJ9mN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

No, when I installed the app. An Incompatible smart device error is showed. Attention: Dexcom has not tested this app in this Android Version and / or movile device. Please installe the Dexcom CGM app on a compatible device. For more information, tap on the 'More Information" link below.

I have done 3 request from last week and I havent received the new app yet.

0 Likes
user2jOESXM4tp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you received an update? I haven't been able to use my Dexcom since getting my new phone, S20+. I am trying to figure out if I need to return the phone or if Dexcom will be updating soon. I have sent requests to Dexcom without response so was hoping maybe you have heard something.

0 Likes
Solution
userjSJATNXGUe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Dexcom G6 does not work with the S20 or  The S20 plus software  issue.  Great system if you have all the working parts. Unfortunately their service is less than desirable. They didn't mention that I had to use an older phone or get the other half of the kit which is the receiver  In order for the system to function. Really. Shame on them. I sent an email asking them 1st why there is no receiver and 2nd  Why doesn't my S20 plus work with the G6. They answered my 1st question by telling me to order it through my doctor and completely ignored my 2nd question ha ok.   Frustrated Smitty 

usereJTwkHdKwq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

i ended up doing the build your own dexcom app but so far its only goid for tracking not sharing or reporting.

0 Likes
userq8sWIcWrCR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

No, it absolutely does not. I pre ordered my s20 ultra, paid a lot of money, waited a long time, was so excited once it arrived only to realize that my g6 is not compatible. My mistake for being too excited to even remember to check compatibility. As a brittle type 1 diabetic this is a  very unfortunate big deal. Now just have to figure out how I'm gonna break the news to my doctor. Sad face.

0 Likes