Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Does the Dexcom G6 work on Samsung galaxy S20

userYakWEBikF4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Lots of issues, not sure which side it is on.  Got the S20 in March, my existing G5 transmitter worked fine.  I use the X Drip+ app rather than the Dexcom app.  But just got a new transmitter, and while the bluetooth on the phone can find it, the xDrip app is having a hard time getting data from it.  Can't even download the G5 app as it says it is incompatible with the S20.

Most frustrating thing is, I was using my old transmitter and it worked just fine on the S20.  Now, nothing works....

0 Likes
user2jOESXM4tp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have had my phone since February so I  wouldn't hold my breath.

0 Likes
6Donny34
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So I just got the note 20 ultra and had the same reaction and here's what I did. I did the smart switch to set up my new phone with all the stuff from my old phone. Super easy. Then realized everything you all were saying so I googled and stumbled upon a reddit thread about build your own dexcom app. There were several variations based on model and US vs UK I believe. There is also an older version that you can use. Next erase all your cgm stuff on your new phone before continuing (dexcom, xdrip or nighthawk, clarity). So next I tried the newer doc and it would never find the transmitter. So I used the older version which works amazingly. You simply download this
Follow the prompts and it will download a working dexcom app. After your dexcom app is actually working, do the smart switch thing again and unselected everything except your nighthawk/xdrip and clarity. Your cgm world will be just like it used to Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SpeedSki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

FYI ... Dexcom G6 app does not work on the Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, which I got today.

Dexcom app says "Incompatible smart device" when you open it.

I hope Samsung / Dexcom get this fixed ASAP !!!

0 Likes
userbEwD0fG9U7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

There is a workaround for this.  I used it on my Note 20 5G.  

First deleate all your dexcom apps like Clarity. If you have sugarmate or nightwatch delete them as well.

Then follow this link to build your own Dexcom App.  I did this and it worked for me.   There is one option to shorten time for warmup to 10 minutes.  Id stay away from that as I have read it creates problems with the newer version of the transmitters.  Once you have built the app and installed it, you can log in to your dexcom account, install Clarity and it will work flawlessly.  

0 Likes
SpeedSki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
No
0 Likes
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Check it out now. Seems Dexcom has it working on the G20-series phones now.
usereMmmM57UDX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I can't get it to work with my new S20 FE 5G. HELP...

0 Likes
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
What are you getting for error?

It is running on my S20+. In fact, just today I installed a new G6 transmitter - what I've been waiting for to actually run everything Dexcom on the S20+. I set up the new transmitter and started it from the S20+ and I'm now getting my readings there.

I also moved my WearOS watch to this phone today so that I could continue to get my Dexcom readings on the watch. Everything is working.
0 Likes
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'd like to note a fix for one of the problems I had with my Galaxy S20+ and the Dexcom G6 app. After moving to the S20+, I found that I was getting a lot of dropped connections to my G6 sensor on the phone - at least a dozen each day with some lasting over 3 hours (overnight) resulting in lost data. I found that I had to go into the Dexcom G6 app App Info, tap on Battery under the Usage section, tap "Optimize battery usage", find Dexcom G6 in the list of apps and toggle it OFF so that the phone will not optimize battery for this so. Since I made that change this morning, I have not experienced a single loss of connection (about 12 hours).