JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the S20 Support RCS?

(Topic created: 03-11-2020 09:28 AM)
Kelrics1910
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Title says it, I can't find the Advanced Settings in the messaging app, it's just not there. Does the S20+ support RCS out of the box?

14 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

The native Samsung messenging app does not however if you switch your default messenger to Google Messages then install the Carrier Services app and Activity Launcher app from the Google Play Store RCS will be enabled automatically.

0 Likes
Kelrics1910
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So the S9+ I upgraded from did, but the S20 doesn't? Uh, OK...

d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Correct, RCS now isn't a service tied to the newer products. It's a service you have to enable. From what I heard native RCS used to be supported  . Older Software builds of Samsung's OS. Howver it's not the case anymore. You still can use it through Google Messages though.

0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

But i would rather you the Samsung messages app as it works better with my active 2 watch. If the stock app isn't going to support it then make google messages the stock app and have the watch have full support for google messages. I can recieve messages on my watch and reply but I cant compose with using the stock Samsung messaging app. This is where it is all wrong. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

@Kelrics1910 

Samsung messages has RCS messaging but it is proprietary depending on which carrier you and the receiver have. I would recommend Google messages since it is universal. However, Samsung messages does have more features

MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

what Version are you on? on my s10+ with Advanced Messaging my version is 11.0.00.109

0 Likes
Ydania
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Kelrics1910 

RCS chat is supposed to be released on SAmsung Messages. I believe its begun rolling out but release date probably varies on carrier. 

source: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-rcs-chat-samsung-phones

Kelrics1910
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Definitely carrier based then, I'm on Verizon and the Samsung Messages app cannot use RCS on my S20. Which is confusing because my S9+ did have RCS support. 

JoshQ
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

It is not available yet for Samsung messages. You'll have to download Google messages or Android messages as some like to call it. With that You'll have the RCS capabilities 👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

0 Likes